Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Music Library FINAL Catch-Up: Ms, Ns, Os, Ps, Qs



Further into the abyss.

Madness - One Step Beyond (1979). Most excellent ska.

Mastodon - Live At Brixton (2013) and Once More 'Round The Sun (2014). I like these, but I can't help but think about how I like how Baroness is doing basically the same thing, but better.

Melvins - The Crybaby (2000), Tres Cabrones (2013), and Hold It In (2014). All very fun. If I'd gotten to Hold It In in time, it would have been one of my top albums of 2014.

MF Doom/JJ Doom - Keys To The Kuffs (2012). As always, a very enjoyable album. Doom is the best.

Roger Miller - Roger And Out (1964). Roger's getting wacky!

The Minders - Hooray For Tuesday (1998). Pretty good Elephant Six-related psych-rock.

Juana Molina - Wed 21 (2013). Molina blew me away when I caught her on NPR's Tiny Desk Concerts, and now I want to hear everything.

Moonlight Towers - Like You Were Never There (2005). Found used in a store in LA. This is a band I like from Austin, although I felt quite ripped off when I heard them cover "Marquee Moon" at the Carousel one night. That's a Trouble Down South trick, poseurs!

Bob Mould - Beauty & Ruin (2014). I loved his last album, too. This was my favorite and most-repeat-listened album of the year.

The Mountain Goats - Transcendental Youth (2012). I like it and yet I'm not as moved as I used to be.

My Dad Is Dead - Out Of Sight Out Of Mind (2014 Remix) (1993) and Engine Of Commerce (2012 Remix) (2002). Mark's tinkerings with old albums sound phenomenal.

New Radiant Storm King - Hurricane Necklace (1996). Never listened to this guys back in the day, but I wish I had.

The Obsessed - The Church Within (1994). Wino! Heavy!

Roy Orbison - Sings Lonely And Blue (1961). Geez, the man could sing.

Pelican - Forever Becoming (2013). More Pelican is never a bad thing.

The Quintet - Complete Jazz At Massey Hall (1953). Bird in flight.

0 comments:

My photo
Cary, NC, United States
reachable at firstname lastname (all run together) at gmail dot com

About This Blog

From Here To Obscurity, founded ca. 2003, population 1. The management wishes to emphasize that no promises vis-a-vis your entertainment have been guaranteed and for all intents and purposes, intimations of enlightenment fall under the legal definition of entertainment. No refunds shall be given nor will requests be honored. Although some may ask, we have no intention of beginning again.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP